Owner, Director, & Lead Instructor
Instruments: Violin, Fiddle, Cello, and PianoJOIN WAITLIST
Adam has been playing the violin for twenty years. Originating from Southeastern New Brunswick, he has trained as a fiddle and classical violinist. During this time, Adam has competed several times at the invitational Canadian Grand Masters Fiddling Championship in Ottawa, ON. He has also competed in several competitions in the Maritime provinces, such as the Maritime Fiddle Festival.
- Violinist, dancer, and singer for Geordie Brown’s 2017 production of Stan Rogers: A Matter of Heart presented by Neptune Theatre, Halifax, NS.
- Performer on the main stage at the 150th Canada Day celebration in Halifax, NS.
- Performer and Fiddle & Step Dance Judge at the Maritime Fiddle Festival in Dartmouth, NS
- Performer and Fiddle & Step Dance Instructor at the Re-Jigged Festival in Dartmouth, NS.
- Performer and Fiddle & Step Dance Instructor at the international Boxwood Festival, Lunenburg, NS.
- Violinist in Broadway Atlantic’s 2015 production of The Sound of Music, Halifax, NS.
In 2021, after 10 years of teaching music, Adam opened Ekko Mindful Music Studio. He is excited to continue to mindfully educate students the joy of music.Read About Other Instructors
Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
I am currently in the process working on my Master of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering at Dalhousie University. In 2022, I completed my Bachelor of Chemical Engineer degree at Dalhousie University. My engineering degree had a strong focus on problem solving, design work, and some entrepreneurship. I am expected to commence my Masters of Applied Science at Dalhousie University in the spring of 2022. I left Long & McQuade in 2019 and started teaching privately. This allowed me to further develop the connection of music and mindfulness in my teaching.
In 2021, after nearly 10 years of teaching music, I decided to open Ekko Mindful Music Studio.
Halifax Regional Municipality, NS
Upon completion of my degree at Mount Allison University, I moved to the Halifax Regional Municipality where I continued to teach fiddle, violin, cello, and step dance with Long & McQuade.
Mount Allison University, Sackville, NB
I completed my Bachelor of Science with Honours in Chemistry at Mount Allison University. Throughout my studies I played several years with the Mount Allison Chamber Orchestra and took several music theory classes. I also started teaching violin at Long & McQuade in 2010
Let’s Keep in Touch