Last Updated – June 2022
Invoices & Payments
- Monthly invoices will be sent out on the 1st of each month for that month of lessons.
- Invoice payments for the month is due 7 days of receiving your invoice.
- Payment options are located on the invoice and include cash, e-Transfer, Debit, Credit, and pre-authorized payment (via credit card).
- Cancellations, absences, and holidays can be accommodated with at least 7 days’ notice.
- Prepaid lessons that are cancelled may be deferred as credits towards make-up lessons or towards future lessons.
- A minimum of 3 hours’ notice is required for same-day cancellations to qualify for a make-up lesson.
- Exceptions to this policy may be made for emergencies or extenuating circumstances.
- In the event of inclement weather conditions, Ekko will contact all affected students directly to confirm whether lessons will be held virtually or cancelled.
- Students who have cancelled a trial lesson with less than 7 days notice, will not be offered an additional trial lesson, but a regular lesson slot.
- It is the responsibility of the student/parent to request a make-up lesson. Make-up lessons are not guaranteed, and it is up to the discretion and availability of the instructor.
- All make-up credits expire 30-days after being issued.
- Cancelled make-up lessons forfeit that make-up credit. (i.e., there are no make-up lessons for make-up lessons).
- Students and/or parents who wish to terminate lessons altogether must provide a minimum of one business days’ notice to avoid being invoiced for a prepaid lesson.
- Credit balances on accounts will be credited the day after lesson termination takes effect.
- Ekko Mindful Music Studio reserves the right to terminate lessons due to excessive absenteeism, missed payments, or for abusive/violent behaviour.
- Face masks that cover the nose, mouth, and chin are no longer required, but recommended.
- If you or anyone within your household is ill or self-isolating, please do not attend lessons in-person and contact the studio directly to make alternate arrangements.
- By agreeing to our studio policies you grant permission to Ekko Mindful Music Studio to use my image (photographs and/or video) for use in publications including: videos, social media posts, newsletters, general publications, and website.
- I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the image.
- If I am 19 years of age or older and I am competent to contract in my own name: I have read this release and I fully understand the contents, meaning and impact of this release. I understand that I am free to address any specific questions regarding this release or opting out of this release by submitting a message in writing and I agree that my failure to do so will be interpreted as a free and knowledgeable acceptance of the terms of this release.
- If I am the parent or legal guardian of the student: I have read this release before signing below, and I fully understand the contents, meaning and impact of this release. I understand that I am free to address any specific questions regarding this release or opting out of this release by submitting a message in writing and I agree that my failure to do so will be interpreted as a free and knowledgeable acceptance of the terms of this release.